10.26.2011

Roasted Purple Potatoes

How can I pretend to be a great gardener when I found myself digging up these stunning purple potatoes this week - in complete surprise and awe? Now I remember planting the little spuds, but that was so many months ago... And that area of the garden was also planted with an overabundance of carrots and lots of tomato suckers that seemed to pop up all over the place (except in the tomato area, of course). So, it's official. I'm a forgetful gardener. But next year I'll do better...

Roasted Purple Potatoes

Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and dry potatoes thoroughly. Slice into thin wedges. Toss generously with olive oil and sea salt. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 30-45 minutes, flipping occasionally with a spatula, until the wedges crisp up and turn a light golden purple. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment